Thursday 2 February 2017

New Year, New Photos

Last year for me was a year of making, this year I think it's going to be the year of photography!

I felt I needed to give my etsy shop a bit of attention. It's has always taken rather a back seat, up until now I've always prioritised doing events and fairs.

 I thought I'd begin by looking at the photographs I had. I really didn't like my napkin photographs, these were the weakest images I had out of all my product shots. The table that I had used as a background had looked very orange and even after I had edited the photos I wasn't happy with them. I did some research and looked for images in magazines and on the internet for inspiration.

I have some lovely wooden crates that I use to display my products when I do an event, so I thought I'd try using those. I also wanted to try and take overhead shots but I don't have the right sort of tripod, but I thought I'd see what I could do. I have found using natural light is the best, so I need to  use a slow shutter speed, hence I use a tripod.


So here are the results of the first photo shoot! I just used some rosemary from the garden and natural string to add interest to the image.





Then these are from the second photo shoot. Then I thought of adding a simple sprig of gypsophila to the place setting.




Then I tried adding a couple of bay leaves behind a small sprig of gypsophila. See the images in my etsy shop here



I think my napkins work really well when they are mixed and matched together, especially the china blue range. So I also photograph a couple of combinations.






No comments:

Post a Comment