Sunday 8 January 2017

At the start of the New Year, it's time to get back to normal and try to be healthy too. For me the best way of doing this is not going on a diet, that's just never going to happen. I like eating too much for that! So instead I try to up my intake of fruit and vegetables. Breakfast is also an easy meal to over look, so starting the day with my Raspberry Bircher Muesli makes me feel really good.  Here's the recipe, it's very easy and quick to make.



Beccy's Raspberry Bircher Muesli

Inspired by an article in the Country Living Magazine called 14 Overnight Mason Jar Breakfasts,
I created this Bircher Muesli with all of my favourite things!

Ingredients
1/2 cup porridge oats
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup natural yoghurt
1/4 cup milk
1/2 an apple -grated
1 1/2 tbsp runny honey
2tbsp chopped almonds
1tbsp pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preparation method
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together thoroughly. Cover the bowl with cling 
film. Leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 8 hours. Remove from the fridge, stir and
eat as it is or with extra fruit, honey and nuts on top.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment