Saturday 19 January 2013

Getting very into my lavender hearts. I've made some smaller ones as well now. These are also made from organic cotton and are approx 9 cms x 9 cms.


I think these two look really good together.


I should get some more fabric in the next week or so of my Ditsy Floral design on Blue so I can make some more lavender hearts and napkins!


I've been reading a great book about starting your own crafting business called the Handmade Market Place by Kari Chapin. Its really helpful. Talk you through everything from creating, marketing, selling online and at fair, social networking. I keep dipping into it and thinking there is so much I want to do!!

I've started to experiment with how to lay out my table when I do craft fair. I need to find something to hang my hearts on. This mug tree isn't tall enough! I ned to find a good way of displaying my tea towels. Maybe I'll have some hanging and some in packaging. I'd also like to find some wooden shelves. I'm going to add in some little terracotta pots of herbs as I think it will freshen everything up and make my table more appealing. (I hope!) I've also been looking into craft fairs and I've found on in Chipping Norton which is quite near me. If anyone knows this craft fair it would be great to get some feedback on it!

 I'm all very new to this so any top tips would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment