Friday 10 January 2014

Happy New Year

Here's to a fabulous 2014!!!

So to start the New Year I've cleared out my studio and it feels great! No piles of paper and things on top of things on top of more things!!!  

Next, plan out the year, well so far I've only managed to think about what might happen in the next few weeks. So 

TO DO LIST

1) Make aprons, tea towels & napkins for the Vesey Rooms exhibition. 

2) Create new designs!!!
Yippee. I can't wait. I want to create some more patterns in my Burford Green range. My Star Jasmine design has gone down very well, so I want to create some complimentary patterns. 

I was given some lovely books for Christmas about Wallpaper design and also a William Morris book so I have plenty of inspiration.

3) Plan colour workshops.
At the beginning of December a fabric shop open in our village, its amazing, full of gorgeous fabrics and wool. So I can now get all my cotton and ribbons from just a stones throw away! Brilliant.
I'm going to be doing some colour workshops there as well. These will start with some colour theory then go on to explore colour, complimentary colours and how colour is affected by what surounds it. Looking forward to exploring colour and helping other people to have confidence in their own choices.

4) Plan craft shows for the rest of the year. 

5) Marketing.
Starting a course run by Handmade Horizons at the end of January. I can't wait. I know I have lots to learn especially about selling on line! Its a whole new world to me!

6) New Photos.
This year I want to re vamp the photo's for my shop, old and new products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment